Wig Wear & Care Guide
We want you to get the most out of your wig at this year’s costume bash, so please review the instructions below before you don your disguise and head out on the town!
Wear & Styling:
- With a static-control brush, gently brush your wig starting from the neck and carefully moving toward the top of the wig. If you experience any tangling while brushing, use a detangler spray to gently remove the brush. For curled wigs, gently brush each curl individually to prevent the curls from unraveling.
- If you wish to restyle your wig, never use any hot styling tools or blow dryers, as excessive heat can damage the fibers in your wig. Instead use cool rollers, pin curls or gentle brushing to achieve your desired look.
Care & Cleaning:
- Place wig in cool or tepid water mixed with a mild shampoo and wash by gently pressing it into the soapy water. Rinse the wig thoroughly and gently towel dry, then place in a shaded area to air dry. If you wish to condition the wig, wash the wig following the instructions above, and then apply conditioner using the same method.
- Caution: Never wash your wig in hot water.
- You may notice a faint chemical smell when you first remove your wig from its package. To remedy this, we recommend airing out synthetic wigs prior to wearing.
- Store your wig in a cool, dry place in a wig storage net or on a wig stand, in its styled state. For the best long-term care results, be sure not to store longer wigs in a folded state for long periods of time.